Big Star Vintage 1974 Union Jean
- Slim fit jean
- Straight from knee to hem
- Low rise, 17" bottom opening
- Repair stitch and embroidery on back pockets
- Hand sanding, whiskering, grinding, dremmeling, cuts with fill yarn and repair stitch details
- Zip fly
- Leather Big Star 1974 label on back
- 100% Cotton.
- Turn inside out and machine wash cold with like colors. Do not bleach. Tumble dry low. Warm iron if needed.
- This quality denim has been hand finished for a unique, individual look. It will wear like your old favorite jeans, with each hole and tear continuing to destruct over time. We hope you love the vintage appearance and comfort of wearing jeans that have the look and feel of years of wear. Thanks for making the Buckle your denim destination.
LESS WATER. LESS ENERGY. LESS CHEMICALS.
Ozone Technology has allowed Big Star to reduce its use of water, chemicals and energy by approximately 25% annually, helping to save the world one jean at a time.
Koos Manufacturing Inc., the home to premium denim brand Big Star, is now using Ozone Technology, a wash process that significantly reduces the company's water consumption, use of chemicals and dirty energy.
Big Star applies Ozone Technology to its denim manufacturing as a drying process that essentially produces a cleaner finish on the jean in a much quicker time frame, and uses no water during its cycle. Normally, jeans are rinsed with large amounts of water to get rid of the excess indigo from the garment, and chemicals are applied to fade the jean and clean up indigo bleeds on the pocket linings. The ozone acts as a bleach to disinfect the garment, kill bacteria and reduce indigo backwash, dramatically lowering water consumption as well as energy and chemical usage.
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable
Select styles are available for special orders. To check for special order availability,
please submit your request below. We will process your request and notify you via email
with the updated status of this item. Merchandise is not guaranteed. Shipping charges will
apply with special orders.
The information you provide below is for this product request only. It will not be added to our marketing database.
A process of top or over-stitch details to 'repair' a hole.
A gentle grinding process done by hand that uses a fine grain abrasive to remove small amounts of surface material.
A process used to create lines in denim to mimic an aged appearance.
A process used to break yarns in a fabric to create holes or tears.
Heavy 'nick' marks made with a dremmel tool to accomplish a worn appearance.
Short yarns that run crosswise to the warp yarns.