- Identifying Information: This may include contact information such as your name, mailing address, postal address, email address, phone number, and unique personal identifiers and online identifiers.
- Purchase Information: Items you purchase, items you considered purchasing sizes, payment methods (such as credit or debit card numbers), billing and shipping addresses and contact information (for receipts, shipping confirmations or order updates).
- Profile Information: If you sign up for an account on buckle.com, or download our mobile application, account username and password, wish list items, items in your shopping cart, product review information or other items you provide as part of your buckle.com profile.
- Preference Information: Contact or marketing preferences, brand and merchandise interests.
- Demographic Information: Approximate age, month and day of birth or gender.
- Video Recordings: For security and loss prevention purposes, stores have a video monitoring system in place at all times that may capture your image.
- Call and Chat Recordings: Audio recordings and notes about your call or chat and what you shared during your conversations with Guest Services.
- Device and Browsing Information: Information about your phone, tablet, computer or device and online browsing activity, including but not limited to your device's information, geolocation, domain type, browser version, service provider or Internet Protocol ("IP") address. We also collect information about your interactions with buckle.com, our mobile application, and our advertisements, including technical efficiencies of your visit, such as the time you visited our website or the time it took to connect to the website or download pages.
- Social Media Information: If you use social media (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest) to connect with us, information you share via your posts, or information you have approved via the social media platform or network to share.
- Inferences: We may use pieces of your information to create a profile about you based on your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
We collect information about you when you are in one of our stores, on our website, through our emails, using our mobile application or texting program, speaking to our teammates during telephone conversations, or utilizing social media. We also collect information about you from third parties.
- Information we collect automatically: When you interact with us electronically, we receive certain types of information automatically via advertising networks and internet service providers, and data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, social networks and data brokers. This information typically does not include personal information unless you provide it through our website or mobile application, or you choose to share it with us. We obtain this information through some of the following technologies:
- Cookies: Cookies are pieces of data that websites place on your computer to store a range of information. This information is typically specific to you or the device you are using to view buckle.com or our mobile application. For more information, see our Cookies and Interest Based Ads Notice.
- Web beacons: Web beacons allow Buckle to provide a more personalized experience for our guests. Buckle uses web beacons to track who is visiting our website. We also use them in our emails to track if the email was read or forwarded.
- Information provided by third parties: We carefully select third party companies for limited purposes and allow them to collect specific information by placing cookies when you choose to visit Buckle.com. This information is used to report marketing program effectiveness directly back to Buckle. The information and analysis will be used to assist us in better understanding your interests in our website and how to better serve those interests and provide you with more personalized product offerings on future site visits.
- Combining Information: We may combine information we collect about you in our stores with information we collect through our online and digital platforms, your devices and with information we receive from third parties.
The information we collect about you helps us to provide you with the most enjoyable shopping experience possible. We do that by using your information in the following ways:
- To provide you with products and services: Information enables Buckle to deliver products you have ordered, to fulfill requests that you have created, to contact you (or a gift recipient) in the event of order or delivery difficulties, and to respond to your inquiries.
- To provide a personalized experience: Through cookies, Buckle is able to personalize your shopping experience by tracking your clicks, tracking the items you put in your shopping cart and whether you have visited buckle.com before. Other information is used to enable your personal stylist to communicate with you, make outfit selections, and schedule fit appointments.
- For marketing purposes: Information is used to deliver information to you about our products, website or special offers, or to check your creditworthiness in order to offer the Buckle Card to you. Your information may also be used to enter you into events, contests, or sweepstakes and to allow you to collect prizes.
- To help ensure security and integrity: Certain information is used as reasonably necessary for verification and fraud prevention purposes in order to prevent fraudulent activity on your account for Buckle's loss prevention purposes and to prevent and prosecute against illegal activity.
- To understand your interests: We may use your information to understand what products you may be interested in based on information we collect about your and your household.
- To improve our products and services: Certain information allows us to see which areas of our website are visited the most, and this helps us improve the quality of your shopping experience by offering more of the features that you prefer. It also allows us to debug and identify and repair errors that might occur on our website or mobile application.
- Other purposes: We may use information for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information, and for any other lawful purpose.
Please be aware that if we use or disclose "sensitive personal information" or "sensitive personal data" as defined in applicable California or Colorado law, Buckle limits its use and/or disclosure of sensitive information or sensitive personal data for permitted business purposes.
Buckle does not share the personal information of any of our guests for monetary consideration, but we do share your information with third parties who perform and provide services on our behalf. These third parties are prohibited from using the information we share with them for any purpose other than the services we have contracted with them to perform on our behalf, and Buckle does not share any of your sensitive personal information with these third parties. The following are categories of third parties that we may share information with:
- Advertising networks;
- Internet service providers;
- Data analytics providers,
- Operating systems and platforms;
- Social networks; and
- Data brokers.
The following are examples of select third parties that we may share your information with:
- Google Analytics. Buckle uses Google Analytics ("Google") to report marketing program effectiveness on our website. For more information about Google, the data it collects and how Google processes your information, please visit "How Google Uses Data When You Use Our Partners' Sites or Apps". To manage your privacy preferences, please visit Google's website here.
For more information, see our Cookies and Interest Based Ads Notice
Administrative and Legal Reasons
Buckle continually strives to maintain compliance with legal regulations. If we become aware of or have a good faith belief that we must disclose information, including sensitive personal information, about you in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity, we will disclose specific information about you to the appropriate legal authorities in order to protect Buckle's guests, employees, Buckle, or the public.
Social Media Platforms
Provider of the Buckle Card
Buckle does not knowingly sell or share the personal information of consumers under 16 years of age, and Buckle does not share or disclose sensitive personal information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about you.
Retention of Your Personal Information
You have the following options when it comes to how your information is used by Buckle:
Joining Buckle's email list allows you to receive exclusive information about special offers, media events, new products and much more. If you are not already registered, simply complete our sign-up form to receive these special messages. You may also opt-in to our email database in-store at the cash register. Those names are electronically added in batch to our email database weekly. If you have opted-out of our email database in the past but have more recently opted back into our email database through the store register, we will renew your subscription at that time. If at any time you would like to stop future delivery of Buckle's email messages, please follow the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of each email message. This will not prevent you from receiving email communications relating to any online order you place at Buckle.com, reservations made on Buckle's mobile application, requests to participate in surveys about our products or other operational email communications.
Joining Buckle's texting program allows you to receive emails and texts from your own personal shopper regarding product, promotional offers, alterations, cart abandonment on buckle.com and upcoming events. These messages may use information automatically collected based on your actions while on buckle.com and may prompt messages, such as cart abandonment messages. To join, you must first consent to the terms and conditions of the texting program. To find out more about this program, please visit with a Buckle teammate in the store or view the Terms and Conditions. To opt out of this program, reply STOP at any time to the number from which you receive text messages.
Prescreened Credit Offers
If you prefer not to receive prescreened credit offers from Buckle and other companies, you may call 1-888-5-OPTOUT or visit www.optoutprescreen.com to limit access to your credit report information. According to the FTC, requests to opt out are processed within five days, but it may take up to 60 days before you stop receiving prescreened offers. If you later change your mind, you may use the same toll-free telephone number or website to opt back in.
If you are a resident of California, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended, ("CCPA") may provide you the following rights related to your personal information (as defined in the CCPA):
- Right to Know: The right to know what personal information Buckle has collected about you, including the categories of personal information, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing personal information, the categories of third parties to whom Buckle discloses personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information Buckle has collected about you.
- Right to Delete: The right to delete personal information Buckle has collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Correct: The right to correct inaccurate personal information that Buckle maintains about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Opt-Out: The right to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information by Buckle.
If you are a resident of Colorado, you may also have certain privacy rights, including the right to request access, correction, or deletion of your personal information. Because we may engage in "targeted advertising" and may "sell" your personal information (as such terms are defined in Colorado's privacy laws), you may also exercise your right to opt out of such sale or targeted advertising. You have the right to appeal a denial of your privacy rights.
In order to make a request to exercise your privacy rights under California or Colorado law, you or your authorized agent may contact us through any of the following methods:
- Fill out an interactive web request form:
- Opt-out Request: Click here to submit your request to opt-out of the sale or sharing of you information, which includes targeted advertising and profiling. Online, you may also choose to use a universal tool (if available) that automatically communicates your opt-out preferences, such as the Global Privacy Control ("GPC"). Buckle will process the GPC signal as a request to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information.
- Access Request: Click here to submit a request to know what personal information Buckle has about you.
- Correction Request: Click here to submit a request to correct inaccurate personal information Buckle may have about you.
- Deletion Request: Click here to submit a request to delete your personal information.
- Call Guest Services at (800) 607-9788 to make your request.
For Colorado residents, you may find additional information on submitting an appeal after a denial of your request here.
An authorized agent may make a request on your behalf by (i) providing evidence of your written permission to do so, including but not limited to a valid Power of Attorney, and (ii) verifying his/her own identity with us. Further instructions are included in the interactive webforms listed above or can be provided by Guest Services by calling (800) 607-9788. An authorized agent is prohibited from using your personal information, or any information collected from or about you, for any purpose other than to fulfill your requests, for verification, or for fraud prevention.
Buckle has implemented several security measures on buckle.com and its mobile application, but you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible. Buckle has made every effort to ensure that the information transmitted to us online is secure through the use of standardized encryption protocols, such as transport layer security (TLS).
In addition, Buckle does not require you to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity with us. Buckle will never ask you to provide personal information through email, including credit card numbers, passwords, mother's maiden name, bank account numbers, ATM pass codes or social security numbers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
We value our relationship with our guests of all ages. We welcome parents and their children to explore our website together. In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not gather or use personal information from any guest who indicates they are less than 13 years of age (or less than 18 years of age for residents of the State of Maine). A parent or guardian must assist a child between the ages of 13 and 18 in any sweepstakes or ordering activity online with buckle.com. If we become aware that we have gathered personal information from a minor, we will remove that information from our records immediately.
California Minors' Privacy
California residents that are under the age of 18 and that have an account on buckle.com may ask Buckle to remove content or information that such minor posted on buckle.com by contacting our Guest Services Team at 800-607-9788 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need the minor's first and last name, email address and social media identifiers. Please note that such request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of such minor's content or information posted on buckle.com.
Notice of Financial Incentive
We may offer you financial incentives to enroll in certain Buckle programs:
- Buckle Credit Card: Guests may pay for purchases using a private label credit card known as the Buckle Credit Card. Cardholders receive 10% off their first qualifying purchase with a Buckle Credit Card. Guests may apply in-store or on buckle.com. To cancel, cardholders must follow the instructions provided by the issuer of the Buckle Credit Card, Comenity Bank. The value of your Personal Information would be equal to 10% of the amount of your first qualifying purchase with a Buckle Credit Card.
- Buckle Rewards: Subject to the Buckle Rewards Terms and Conditions, guests who spend $300 on qualifying purchases earn a $10 reward to spend on a future purchase. Guests earn one point for every $1 in qualifying purchases and may earn bonus points if purchases are made with a Buckle Credit Card. In order to enroll, you must provide your name, phone number and email address and agree to the Terms and Conditions. Enrollment can be completed in-store or on buckle.com. You may cancel your membership at any time by contacting Buckle Guest Services at 1-800-607-9788 or email@example.com. The value of your Personal Information varies depending on the number of $10 Rewards redeemed, which is dependent upon the amount of qualifying purchases you make.
- Mailing List and Guest Connect: Signing up for Buckle emails or texts allows you to be the first to receive exclusive offers and hear about new product, fashion trends and other information. To subscribe to the mailing list, you must provide your email address in-store or on buckle.com; to cancel, follow the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email. To subscribe to Guest Connect, follow the directions provided by a teammate in-store. To stop texts, reply STOP to the ten-digit number from which you receive text messages. The value of your Personal Information varies depending on the offers provided and the amount you purchase.
- Military Discount: Active duty and veteran members of the United States Armed Forces, including National Guard Reserves, and their spouses and dependents may receive 10% off all qualifying purchases. Military members may confirm their military status in-store by showing their military identification in-store or by completing a one-time verification process online. The value of your Personal Information would be equal to 10% of the amount of your qualifying purchases made with military identification.
- Use of buckle.com is subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Buckle's website or mobile application may contain links to third party websites, applications or online services, and those third parties may have privacy policies of their own. Third parties' privacy links are provided solely for your convenience and information. Buckle is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those third parties.
- If we materially alter our Policy, we will notify you of such changes by posting a notice on buckle.com. Your continued use of buckle.com, Buckle's mobile application or texting program will be deemed your agreement that your information may be used in accordance with the new policy. If you do not agree with the changes, then you should stop using buckle.com, remove Buckle's mobile application from your device or cancel your membership in Buckle's texting program, and you should notify us that you do not want your information used in accordance with the changes.
- For questions or concerns about this Policy, or for guests that aren't residents of California or Colorado who would like to make a request related to the exercise of a legal right under state law, please contact us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (800) 607-9788
- Mail: The Buckle, Inc., Attention: Privacy Officer, PO Box 1480, Kearney, NE 68848
Please note that requests may require verification of identity and authenticity.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY AS IT MAY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. IT CONTAINS PROCEDURES FOR FINAL BINDING ARBITRATION WHICH REQUIRES YOU WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL IN COURT WITH A JURY, AND WAIVER OF ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO PROCEED IN A CLASS, COLLECTIVE, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION ("Class Action").
Except where prohibited by law, you agree (i) to waive the right to trial by jury and the ability to participate in a Class Action regarding this Policy; (ii) that any dispute with Buckle regarding this Policy will be resolved through negotiation with Buckle, and if agreement cannot be reached through negotiation, resolution will be sought on an individual basis only through binding arbitration in the State of Nebraska as conducted by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), JAMS, or any other company selected by mutual agreement of the parties, and (iii) that the laws of Nebraska will govern the substantive resolution of the matter.
Please be advised that all claims and disputes arising under this Policy must be arbitrated on an individual basis and not on a class basis. Claims of more than one guest or user cannot be arbitrated (or litigated in the case where arbitration is prohibited by law) jointly or consolidated with those of any other guest or user.
Mon-Fri 8am - 10pm CT
Sat 8am - 10pm CT
Sun 12pm - 6pm CT
Buckle Credit Card Questions:
The Buckle, Inc.
2407 W. 24th Street
Kearney, NE 68845