- Contact Information: Name, address, phone number or email address.
- Purchase Information: Items you purchase, sizes, payment methods (such as credit or debit card numbers), billing and shipping addresses and contact information (for receipts, shipping confirmations or order updates)
- Profile Information: If you sign up for an account on buckle.com, account username and password, wish list items, items in your shopping cart, product review information or other items you provide as part of your buckle.com profile.
- Preference Information: Contact or marketing preferences, brand and merchandise interests.
- Demographic Information: Age, month and day of birth or gender.
- Video Recordings: For security and loss prevention purposes, stores have a video monitoring system in place at all times that may capture your image.
- Call and Chat Recordings: Notes about your call or chat and what you shared during your conversation.
- Device and Browsing Information: Information about your phone, tablet, computer or device and online browsing activity, including but not limited to your device’s information, current location, domain type, browser version, service provider or IP address. We also collect information about pages you visit on buckle.com and technical efficiencies of your visit, such as the time you visited our website or the time it took to connect to the website or download pages.
- Social Media Information: If you use social media (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, Twitter or Pinterest) to connect with us, information you share via your posts, or information you have approved via the social media platform or network to share.
- Application Information: If you apply for a job with us online, work experience, educational background, personal preference and position for which you are applying.
We collect information about you when you are in one of our stores, on our website, through our emails, using our mobile application or texting program, speaking to our teammates during telephone conversations, or utilizing social media. We also collect information about you from third parties.
- Information you provide to us: You may provide the various types of information listed above to us in-store at the point of sale or by being present in-store, on buckle.com or our mobile app through purchases, account setup, sweepstakes/contest entries, creating a wish list or participating in a survey, through social media by using a platform’s tools to connect with us or sweepstakes/contest entries, or via telephone.
- Information we collect automatically: When you interact with us electronically we receive certain types of information automatically. This information typically does not include personal information unless you provide it through our website or mobile app or you choose to share it with us. We obtain this information through some of the following technologies:
- Cookies: Cookies are pieces of data that websites place on your computer to store a range of information. This information is typically specific to you or the device you are using to view buckle.com or our mobile application. For more information, see our Cookies and Interest Based Ads Notice.
- Web beacons: Web beacons allow Buckle to provide a more personalized experience for our guests. Buckle uses web beacons to track who is visiting our site. We also use them in our emails to track if the email was read or forwarded.
- Information provided by third parties: We carefully select third party companies for limited purposes and allow them to collect specific information by placing cookies when you choose to visit Buckle.com. This information is used to report marketing program effectiveness directly back to Buckle. The information and analysis will be used to assist us in better understanding your interests in our website and how to better serve those interests and provide you with more personalized product offerings on future site visits.
The information we collect about you helps us to provide you with the most enjoyable shopping experience possible. We do that by using your information in the following ways:
- To provide you with product and services: Information enables Buckle to deliver products you have ordered, to fulfill requests that you have created, to contact you (or a gift recipient) in the event of order or delivery difficulties, and to respond to your inquiries.
- To provide a personalized experience: Through cookies, Buckle is able to personalize your shopping experience by tracking your clicks, tracking the items you put in your shopping cart and whether you have visited buckle.com before. Other information is used to enable your personal stylist to communicate with you and make outfit selections.
- For marketing purposes: Information is used to deliver information to you about our products, website or special offers, or to check your creditworthiness in order to offer the Buckle Card to you.
- To confirm your identity: Certain information is used for verification and fraud prevention purposes in order to prevent fraudulent activity on your account.
- To maintain functionality: Certain information allows us to see which areas of our website are visited the most, and this helps us improve the quality of your shopping experience by offering more of the features that you prefer.
- For employment purposes: Certain information is used in the consideration of your application for employment. If employed, your information will be used in Buckle’s internal systems for employment purposes only, such as contacting you about your application and employment opportunities. If hired, your application will become part of your personnel file.
Buckle does not share the personal information of any of our guests for monetary consideration, but we do share your information with third parties to perform services on our behalf.
Select Partners Providing Services on Buckle’s Behalf
Buckle shares information with carefully selected business partners who perform services on our behalf, such as employment applications, payment processing, gift card processing and use monitoring, ratings and reviews, anti-fraud services, order fulfillment, shipments and deliveries. In these situations, you are directing Buckle to intentionally disclose your personal information so our merchandise and services can be provided to you. The following are examples of select partners that we may share information with:
- Buckle has partnered with Ultimate Kronos Group (“UKG”) to assist with our recruitment process. If you create an account in buckle.com/Careers “Search Jobs” section or submit an online job application to buckle.com, you will be providing your personal information directly to UKG.
Service Providers Providing Services on Buckle’s Behalf
Buckle shares information with third parties who perform services on our behalf, such as website hosting, website usage analytics, email or other communications, marketing assistance or data analytics, promotions and sweepstakes, or other services. We provide access to your personal information to such service providers in order for them to perform these services. These service providers do not use your personal information for any purposes other than the services for which we have contracted with them. Following are examples of third parties that we may share your information with:
- Buckle uses Google Analytics to report marketing program effectiveness on our website. For more information about Google Analytics, the data it collects and how that service processes your information, please visit "How Google Uses Data When You Use Our Partners' Sites or Apps". To manage your privacy preferences, please visit Google’s website here.
- For marketing analytics and troubleshooting issues guests may experience on our website, buckle.com uses Mouseflow, a third-party analytics tool, to track page content and click/touch, movement, scroll, and keystroke activity. You can opt-out at https://mouseflow.com/opt-out/.
For more information, see our Cookies and Interest Based Ads Notice.
Administrative and Legal Reasons
Buckle continually strives to maintain compliance with legal regulations. If we become aware of or have a good faith belief that we must disclose information about you in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity, we will disclose specific information about you to the appropriate legal authorities in order to protect the users of buckle.com, Buckle’s app or the public.
Social Media Platforms
Provider of the Buckle Card
You have the following options when it comes to how your information is used by Buckle:
- If you are a resident of California, you have certain rights related to your personal information, which you can view here.
- Joining Buckle’s email list allows you to receive exclusive information about special offers, media events, new products and much more. If you’re not already registered, simply complete our sign-up form to receive these special messages. You may also opt-in to our email database in-store at the cash register. Those names are electronically added in batch to our email database weekly. If you have opted-out of our email database in the past but have more recently opted back into our email database through the store register, we will renew your subscription at that time. If at any time you would like to stop future delivery of Buckle’s email messages, please follow the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of each email message. This will not prevent you from receiving email communications relating to any online order you place at Buckle.com, reservations made on Buckle’s app, requests to participate in surveys about our products or other operational email communications.
- If you prefer not to receive prescreened credit offers from Buckle and other companies, you may call 1-888-5-OPTOUT or visit www.optoutprescreen.com to limit access to your credit report information. According to the FTC, requests to opt out are processed within five days, but it may take up to 60 days before you stop receiving prescreened offers. If you later change your mind, you may use the same toll-free telephone number or website to opt back in.
- Joining Buckle’s texting program allows you to receive emails and texts from your own personal shopper regarding product, alterations and upcoming events. To find out more about this program, please visit with a teammate in store or view the Terms and Conditions here. To opt out of this program, reply STOP at any time to the ten-digit phone number from which you receive text messages or follow the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of each email message.
Buckle has implemented several security measures on buckle.com, but you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible. Buckle has made every effort to ensure that the information transmitted to us online is secure through the use of standardized encryption protocols, such as transport layer security (TLS).
In addition, Buckle does not require you to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity with us. Buckle will never ask you to provide personal information through email, including credit card numbers, passwords, mother’s maiden name, bank account numbers, ATM pass codes or social security numbers.
- Children’s Privacy: We value our relationship with our guests of all ages. We welcome parents and their children to explore our website together. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not gather or use personal information from any guest who indicates they are less than 13 years of age (or less than 18 years of age for residents of the State of Maine). A parent or guardian must assist a child between the ages of 13 and 18 in any sweepstakes or ordering activity online with buckle.com. If we become aware that we have gathered personal information from a minor, we will remove that information from our records immediately.
- Minor Applicants’ Privacy: We also value our relationship with applicants of all ages. Therefore, we will not gather or use personal information from any applicants who indicate that they are less than the required age for the state of employment or position applied for.
- California Minors’ Privacy: California residents that are under the age of 18 and that have an account on buckle.com may ask Buckle to remove content or information that such minor posted on buckle.com by contacting our Guest Services Team at 800-607-9788 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need the minor’s first and last name, email address and social media identifiers. Please note that such request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of such minor’s content or information posted on buckle.com.
- Use of buckle.com is subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Buckle’s website or app may contain links to third party websites, applications or online services, and those third parties may have privacy policies of their own. Third parties’ privacy links are provided solely for your convenience and information. Buckle is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those third parties.
- Buckle does not respond to “do not track” settings in your web browser.
- If we materially alter our Policy, we will notify you of such changes by posting a notice on buckle.com. Your continued use of buckle.com, Buckle’s app or texting program will be deemed your agreement that your information may be used in accordance with the new policy. If you do not agree with the changes, then you should stop using buckle.com, remove Buckle’s app from your device or cancel your membership in Buckle’s texting program, and you should notify us that you do not want your information used in accordance with the changes.
- For questions or concerns about this Policy, or for guests that aren’t residents of California who would like to make a request related to the exercise of a legal right under state law, please contact us:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (800) 607-9788
- Mail: The Buckle, Inc., Attention: Privacy Officer, PO Box 1480, Kearney, NE 68848
Please note that requests may require verification of identity and authenticity.
Except where prohibited by law, you agree (i) to waive the right to trial by jury and the ability to participate in a class action regarding this Policy; (ii) that any dispute with Buckle regarding this Policy will be resolved through negotiation with Buckle, and if agreement cannot be reached through negotiation, resolution will be sought on an individual basis only through binding arbitration in the State of Nebraska as conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), JAMS, or any other company selected by mutual agreement of the parties, and (iii) that the laws of Nebraska will govern the substantive resolution of the matter. No arbitration under this Policy will be combined with any other arbitration.
This Privacy & Security Policy supersedes all prior policies and is effective November 15, 2020.
Mon-Fri 8am - 10pm CT
Sat 8am - 10pm CT
Sun 12pm - 6pm CT
Buckle Credit Card Questions:
The Buckle, Inc.
2407 W. 24th Street
Kearney, NE 68845